Mittwoch, 23. Februar 2011

Mark Twain Quotes

(1835 - 1910) - American writer, famous for Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer novels.




  • Last week I stated that this woman was the ugliest woman I had ever seen. I have since been visited by her sister and now wish to withdraw that statement.
  • Giving up smoking is easy...I've done it hundreds of times.
  • Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.
  • vThe report of my death was an exaggeration. 
    -- (New York Journal, June 1897)
  •  Buy land. They've stopped making it.
  • Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  • You can tell German wine from vinegar by the label.
  •  Man - a figment of God's imagination.
  • It is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies. 
    -- Commenting on the Bible.
  • Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.


AmusingQuotes.com

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen